Recruitment on the results of this examination will be made to the Services/ Posts under the following categories:‐
- Category I‐Civil Engineering.
- Category II‐Mechanical Engineering.
- Category III‐Electrical Engineering.
- Category IV‐Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
(I) Nationality: A candidate must be either:
- citizen of India, or
- subject of Nepal, or
- subject of Bhutan, or
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
For admission to the examination, a candidate must have –
- obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
- passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
On can see the latest information on website www.upsc.gov.in